Birth Journey: Pregnancy & Postpartum with the Wisdom of India
Unique Perspectives and Practical Tips for Birthworkers and Parents
A pregnant woman should be treated very attentively, as if (carrying) a vessel filled with oil (and trying) not to agitate.
“It is the woman who procreates children and propagating the human species.Dharma (righteousness), artha (wealth), lakshmi (auspiciousness), and loka (the entire universe) are represented in every woman.”
- Sutras from the Charak Samhita, Ayurvedic text
Healthy womben, mamas, children, and families are the building blocks of happy, thriving communities and world!!!
Ancient wisdoms of India provide guidelines - from preconception to pregnancy to orgasmic labor to postpartum care to infancy - for parents and baby, including the unborn baby as Spirit/Soul! These guidelines are not just for physical, mental, emotional wellbeing (which are "visible") but deeply understanding the Soul journey and reprogramming the subconscious ("invisible") much earlier in the journey! This greatly impacts how the baby experiences life and his/her/their Highest Potential in this Lifetime.
In this gathering, some areas we will discuss:
- Ancient wisdom philosophy and principles of understanding that are missing from the mainstream doula, midwifery, and parentlng world;
- What really is Prenatal Education....or what can it be?
- Fetal development during pregnancy via the Vedic lens
- Explore and learn why the "first 42 days postpartum impact the next 42 years" in a woman's life
- Ayurvedic and Yogic diet and lifestyle guides for the prevention of disorders/diseases such as postpartum depression, colic, ADHD; easeful labor and postpartum, quality sleep, daily vitality and more.
- Practical tips for embodying the Divine Feminie Creation energy within
Shweta Parmar’s journey has gone from external liberation (former anti-racism immigrant rights community organizer) to an internal one. Her mission to heal from polycystic kidney disease and her endless search for her True Self is driven by her reverence and love for Mother Nature, ancient wisdom of Ayurveda, Yoga and Universal Oneness. She is passionate of healing the planet by healing birthing as an AyurDoula of BabyTheMama, specializing in conscious conceiving, prenatal and postpartum care. She strongly feels that the root of injustice and war is due lack of support and consciousness of the Divine Feminine/ Creation Energy at the individual, community and society levels. Womben must take responsibility for taking care of themselves - by any means necessary! As an Ayurveda practitioner/therapist of GutsierLiving, she supports people who eat organic and healthy and still feel like crap, regain lasting energy in their day to day.She served as a Programs Director at Edgar Cayce’s Association of Enlightenment NYC, and Ayurveda Center of Balance NYC; and faculty member of Ayurveda Sadhana PostPartum Doula program. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org; www.gutsierliving.com.